Last updated: 2021-11-26
We are highly committed with the health and safety of our clients. It is our top priority to provide our guests with the confidence and assurance that their health is very important to us.
Before You Travel
Requirements to enter Costa Rica
• Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form, available at https://salud.go.cr.
• If you have been fully vaccinated 14 days prior to your arrival you do not need to fulfill any additional requirement. For accepted Vaccines in Costa Rica visit https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements
• If you are not vaccinated you need a Traveler’s Medical Insurance. You can purchase the insurance in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS – Instituto Nacional de Seguros) https://www.grupoins.com/seguroparaviajeros, or Sagicor https://tiendasagicor.com/en.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certificate from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions. (This certificate must be uploaded when filling out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS):
• Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
• Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
• Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic.
Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Upon landing in Costa Rican territory, travelers must wear face protection and comply with the strict protocols of the air terminal with regard to physical distancing, disinfection of carpets, and taking temperature readings, and must follow any other sanitary instructions.
For any other travel requirements that may apply to you, please do not forget to check the official site of the Costa Rican Tourism Board here https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements
Re-entry Requirements for your Return Home
The US and many other countries require that returning travelers show a negative Covid test before re-entry (within 3 day of arrival in US). We offer easy onsite Covid-testing, on Thursdays of each week (with results within 24-48 hours) thus prior to flights back on Friday or Saturday. The tests are facilitated by the staff of a local medical clinic and Costa Rican laboratory; so that you can rest assured that you are meeting all the requirements for your travel back home. We are expecting the cost to be around US$80.-. Any other day of the week you can travel to Puerto Viejo (15 min) to get your personal Covid-19 PCR or Antigen test. Click here for official Laboratories.
Transportation from/to the airport and The Goddess Garden
All vehicles are sanitized before and after use. All our drivers are vaccinated. Private taxis are available upon advanced request.
Your luggage is sanitized before loading it to your shuttle or private taxi from the airport. Upon arrival our helpful staff will assist in carrying the luggage to your room.
Your Arrival and Check-In
You will find a form for registration and a waiver at your room. Please fill them out carefully, sign them and bring them to the office to receive your room key. Please wear a mask and keep safety distance during the check in procedure.
Enhanced protocols during your stay
At the retreat-level, and in an abundance of caution, we have implemented several new policies and procedures beyond our already stringent health and safety protocols. These additional standards follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and The World Health Organization (WHO). Additional activity includes:
• All workers are vaccinated.
• Health screenings and periodic examinations of all our employees are carried out.
• Isolation rules on presentation of symptoms of COVID-19 including a high body temperature, loss of sense of smell and taste and continuous dry coughing.
• Personnel uniforms are cleaned in accordance with the protocols and daily changes are provided
• Our employees work with personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves where required.
• Guests’ luggage and belongings are disinfected at the entrance.
• Enhanced room cleaning. Daily disinfection of common areas and the rooms.
• Social distancing in common areas.
• Adjusted food and beverage service.
• All incoming cargo and deliveries are delivered through disinfection process in the goods acceptance area.
• Hand sanitizers available at Reception and the Restaurant.
• Stair handrails and touch points cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
• Public areas cleaned in line with protocol. All tables, chairs and hard surfaces wiped down with appropriate chemicals at regular intervals.
• All door furniture sanitized at regular intervals and doors kept open.
• All touch points in guest bedrooms and bathrooms to be cleaned with appropriate approved chemicals.
We are committed to provide a wonderful stay and minimize the risk of a Covid-19 infection for our guests and staff.
• We recommend bringing your own yoga mat & yoga blanket. If you use our mats, your spot and mat will be marked with your name and only you will use that mat and props during your stay.
• No outside visitors will be allowed on premises to assure a safe and hermetic environment.
• Unvaccinated guests are asked to not leave our premises during their stay, in order to minimize contact with the outside community where the likelihood of contracting Covid is greater. This way we can assure that all of our guests and staff are creating and maintaining a “safe Covid bubble”.
If you have any questions about our COVID Policis, please contact us at [email protected]