Have you recently booked your yoga vacation to The Goddess Garden? Fantastic! We are so excited to have you! But your vacation can be so much more than just yoga. There are plenty of other phenomenal things to do in Cahuita that we can’t wait to tell you about. Read on to find out why Cahuita is truly a gem of Costa Rica!
24 Things To Do In Cahuita
1) Do yoga, obviously!
Adventures In The Jungle
2) Visit the nearby BriBri indigenous reserve
This tour is one of the most authentic things to do in Cahuita. Visit a native family and let them show you how they live, their language, how they build their houses, how they cook and their history. You’ll also learn natural treatments with native medicinal plants, and participate in a bow-and-arrow hunting demonstration.
3) Swim in the ocean
4) Paddle the Caribbean Sea and the Punta Uva River in a kayak
5) Soar through the rainforest on a zipline
Of all the things to do in Cahuita, this eco tour is guaranteed to take your breath away. It’s a unique opportunity to explore the rainforest from a bird’s-eye point of view. Eight platforms and 1200 meters of cable join together to give you an educational thrill ride you won’t soon forget!
6) Take a ride through the jungle and down the beach on horseback
7) Go snorkeling
The crystal clear waters of the Caribbean make this a fantastic experience. Bonus: it can be one of the most inexpensive but adventurous things to do in Cahuita!
8) Go scuba diving
Scuba diving excursions can be one of the best things to do in Cahuita. Although divers must be accompanied by a guide in Cahuita National Park, there is so much to see in its 600 acres, including 35 types of coral, 500 species of fish, and two shipwreck sites.
9) Hike in the jungle
10) Run on one of our world-class beaches
The South Caribbean is arguably the home of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Your list of things to do in Cahuita would not be complete without these stunning spots:
- Manzanillo Beach
- Punta Uva (Grape Point) Beach
- Puerto Viejo Beach and Village
- Cocles Beach
- Cahuita Big Beach: our home beach at The Goddess Garden
- Cahuita National Park Beach
11) Take a chocolate tour
Chocolate lovers unite! There is a huge culture surrounding chocolate in Costa Rica. On your chocolate tour, you will try at least 10 flavors of chocolate, and learn how to make your own organic chocolate. This is truly among the sweetest things to do in Cahuita!
12) Visit a waterfall
13) Do some white water rafting on the Pacuare River
14) Explore Cahuita National Park
15) Mingle with the locals
From cuisine to artisans to nightlife, in Cahuita, you can experience many aspects of the Afro-Caribbean culture that is the heart and soul of this region.
16) Go surfing
Encounter Wildlife In Cahuita
17) Visit injured exotic animals at the Jaguar Rescue Center on Punta Cocles
18) Go birdwatching
19) Visit the Mariposario de Cahuita
Costa Rica is home to many species of stunning butterflies, and this butterfly garden is the perfect opportunity to see them all in one place.
20) Alma Verde Medicinal Garden
Take a tour of this charming garden to learn about the medicinal uses of native plants, spot rainforest wildlife in their natural habitat, and even book detoxifying spa treatments.
21)Witness a nest of sea turtles hatching
Most travel sites will advise you not to travel to Costa Rica during green season, but if you don’t come to Cahuita at this time, you’ll miss the sea turtles’ nesting and hatching season, which happens March to July. Of all the things to do in Cahuita, this is an unforgettable experience. Definitely worth a little rain!
22) Search for dolphins on a boat tour in Manzanillo
23) Make friends with sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary
24) Visit the Vergua Rainforest research and adventure park
Bordering the largest nature reserve in Central America, this conservation-inspired park is a great way to experience everything the glorious rainforest has to offer. From an aerial gondola ride to frog and reptile habitats to river and waterfall walks, this education and research center is sure to be a lovely and rewarding experience.
BONUS! Relaxation Station
No vacation would be complete without some down time. There are things to do in Cahuita that don’t involve adventure, or…..much effort at all, really!
1) Enjoy one of our various spa treatments
2) Relax in our pool
3) Enjoy a fresh cup of Costa Rican coffee in a hammock during a rainstorm
4) Work on your tan on the beach
5) Enjoy a meditative walk around our gorgeous eco resort
Your yoga vacation to The Goddess Garden is sure to be peaceful and refreshing. But we definitely recommend at least a few things from this list to make your trip even more memorable. Many of these adventures can even be booked right at the resort! There are so many things to do in Cahuita, it would be a shame to miss them!