- Location: Between eyebrows (third eye)
- System: Endocrine
- Gland: Pituitary
- Associations: Insight, wisdom, self-awareness, spiritual awareness, self-realization
- Color: Violet
- Element: Light
- Mantra: Om
The Third Eye Chakra transcends time. It is located in the brain, at the brow, above the base of the nose.
The gift of this chakra is seeing – both inner and outer worlds.
The energy of this chakra allows us to experience clear thought as well as gifts of spiritual contemplation and self reflection.
Through the gift of seeing we can internalize the outer world and with symbolic language we can externalize the inner world.
The energy of Ajna allows us to access our inner guidance that comes from the depths of our being. It allows us to cut through illusion and to access deeper truths – to see beyond the mind, beyond the words.
The “way of the third eye” is seeing everything as it is from a point of “witness” or “observer”, or from simply being mindful – moment by moment.
It means examining self-limiting ideas and developing wisdom that comes from a perspective that transcends the duality of good or bad, black or white. It means seeing and helping others to see the deeper meanings of the situations in their lives.
Sixth chakra is holistic in nature. When this chakra is fully activated, both hemispheres of the brain function in synchrony. The right hemisphere’s creativity and synthetic thinking is integrated and balanced with left hemisphere’s logical and analytical thinking.
The Third Eye is not only the seat of wisdom, but also a seat of conscience. This is where you not only see what is going on, but you also know what it means. This is where your sense of justice and your ethics originate.
When your third eye is open, you not only see but you also understand.
Third Eye Chakra at a Glance
Sanskrit name: Ajna – To perceive, to command
Element: All elements combined, light
Shape: Five pointed star
Petals of the lotus: Two
Seed sound: Aum (Om)
Vowel sound: Mmmm
Rights: To see
Endocrine gland: Pituitary gland
Physical association: Eyes, base of skull, brow
Psychological function: Intuition, imagination
Identity: Archetypal identity
Developmental stage: Adolescence
Plane: Plane of austerity, home of the blessed
Planets: Saturn, moon
Deity: Hakini Shakti, Shiva
Mythological Animal: Hawk
Sense organ: Mind
Predominant sense: Neutral
Herb: Almond blossom
Sephira: Binah, Chokmah
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- I am in touch with my inner guidance.
- I listen to my deepest wisdom.
- I seek to understand and to learn from my life experiences.
- I am wise, intuitive, and connected with my inner guide.
- I nurture my spirit.
- I listen to the wisdom of elders.
- I trust my intuition.
- I forgive the past and learn what was there for me to learn.
- I forgive myself.
- I love and accept myself.
- I know that all is well in my world.
- I am connected with the wisdom of the universe.
- I am open to inspiration and bliss.
- My life moves effortlessly.
- I am at peace.
- I am the source of my truth and my love.
To learn more about this chakra please visit https://www.chakra-anatomy.com/third-eye-chakra.html